MVPs form a determined team of V Foundation supporters committed to giving what we can month after month until we achieve victory over cancer!
Why you should invest in cancer research:
- 1 in 3 people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. The V Foundation funds innovative ideas that can diagnose more quickly and offer better treatment options.
- There are more than 200 types of cancer – there are millions of possible differences. Your monthly gift invests in scientists exploring all types of cancers.
- For most cancers, we don’t know the cause. Innovative projects funded by the V Foundation study: how cancer starts, how we can prevent it, how we can treat it and the unique healthy challenges faced by survivors.
Become an MVP by Starting a Monthly Gift
Hear From MVPs!
- “It’s important to us to contribute and a monthly debit is easy and convenient. We also give a little more this way over the course of the year as opposed to a one-time gift.” – John (Greensburg, PA)
- “My husband was diagnosed with liver cancer and passed away 15 months ago. I give in his honor and to remind myself to never give up. I want people to stop suffering from this horrific disease.” – Patricia (Cato, NY)
- “Because cancer has affected me and my family (as is so true for so many people), I was looking for a group that was really making a difference in the fight against cancer. I wanted help in the fight against cancer every month of the year.” – Tammi (Saginaw, MI)
- “I am a former nurse and believe in research. I give monthly in memory of my husband and myself to help others. I think of my children and don’t want them to get any form of cancer. Although I am a widow and retired, I feel my small gift can help.” – Geri (Centreville Valley, VA)
- “I want to support cancer research and an organization that is dedicated to finding cures for all types of cancer. I had given one-time donations in the past to the V Foundation and wanted to continue my support by setting up a monthly donation.” – Walt (Fiskdale, MA)
- “Cancer has touched so many on our families and friends, it’s hard not to find someone who it hasn’t touched. When I began researching which group to begin a monthly giving campaign with, I wanted a group that would make the best use of our money. We have been blessed to have the financial means to be able to give a reoccurring gift. It’s important to us to give a reoccurring amount which will add up to more than we would normally give only at one time a year.” – John (Ridgeley, WV)
If you have a question not covered here, please feel free to call 919-380-9505 or contact Rebecca Lockhart (919-443-3562 or [email protected])
How can I make a change to my account or my monthly gift (address, payment information, donation amount, etc.)?
To change information on your account or to update your monthly gift you can:
What if I need to stop my monthly gift?
How am I notified when my monthly gift is processed?
Your monthly gift will be processed each month on the date you start your gift. Each month, you will receive an email update after your gift is processed.
Example: If you make your first contribution on the 18th of the month, your gift will be processed on the 18th of each month thereafter. On the same day, you will receive an email receipt and update showing that your gift has been processed.
When do I receive my receipt for tax purposes?
In January, a statement totaling your monthly gifts for the last calendar year will be sent to your address. If you have an updated address, please update your account.