“There are 86,400 seconds in a day. It’s up to you to decide what to do with them.” – Jim Valvano
MVPs form a determined team of V Foundation supporters committed to giving what they can month after month until we achieve Victory Over Cancer®.
By becoming a monthly donor, you will play a vital role in funding life-saving cancer research. 100% of your gift will go directly to experts in the field working on innovative, revolutionary and groundbreaking research to develop new treatments available and make discoveries to conquer cancer.
Due to generous donors, the V Foundation has an endowment that covers administrative expenses.
Become an MVP by Starting a Monthly Gift
When You Become an MVP
MVPs are our most valuable players at the V Foundation. As an MVP, you will receieve:
- A personal V Foundation MVP contact
- Welcome Packet with V Foundation materials
- Updates in cancer research findings and how your monthly donation makes a difference
- Exclusive MVP membership card
Hear From MVPs!
- “It’s important to us to contribute and a monthly debit is easy and convenient. We also give a little more this way over the course of the year as opposed to a one-time gift.” – John (Greensburg, PA)
- “My husband was diagnosed with liver cancer and passed away 15 months ago. I give in his honor and to remind myself to never give up. I want people to stop suffering from this horrific disease.” – Patricia (Cato, NY)
- “Because cancer has affected me and my family (as is so true for so many people), I was looking for a group that was really making a difference in the fight against cancer. I wanted help in the fight against cancer every month of the year.” – Tammi (Saginaw, MI)
- “I am a former nurse and believe in research. I give monthly in memory of my husband and myself to help others. I think of my children and don’t want them to get any form of cancer. Although I am a widow and retired, I feel my small gift can help.” – Geri (Centreville Valley, VA)
- “I want to support cancer research and an organization that is dedicated to finding cures for all types of cancer. I had given one-time donations in the past to the V Foundation and wanted to continue my support by setting up a monthly donation.” – Walt (Fiskdale, MA)
- “Cancer has touched so many on our families and friends, it’s hard not to find someone who it hasn’t touched. When I began researching which group to begin a monthly giving campaign with, I wanted a group that would make the best use of our money. We have been blessed to have the financial means to be able to give a reoccurring gift. It’s important to us to give a reoccurring amount which will add up to more than we would normally give only at one time a year.” – John (Ridgeley, WV)
If you have a question not covered here, please feel free to call 919-380-9505 or contact Marissa Guy (919-443-3575 or [email protected])
How can I make a change to my account or my monthly gift (address, payment information, donation amount, etc.)?
To change information on your account or to update your monthly gift you can:
What if I need to stop my monthly gift?
How am I notified when my monthly gift is processed?
Your monthly gift will be processed each month on the date you start your gift. Each month, you will receive an email update after your gift is processed. Example: If you make your first contribution on the 18th of the month, your gift will be processed on the 18th of each month thereafter. On the same day, you will receive an email receipt and update showing that your gift has been processed.
When do I receive my receipt for tax purposes?
In January, a statement totaling your monthly gifts for the last calendar year will be sent to your address. If you have an updated address, please update your account.
How can I upgrade my current monthly gift?
You can upgrade your monthly gift in just a few easy steps!