Uncle Dino has run his NCAA Pool since 1986. Uncle Dino asks that you make a donation and enter as many brackets as you like. Bracket entry starts Sunday, March 13th at 11:00pm EDT and closes Thursday, March 17th at 12:18pm EDT.
Host a Fundraiser
All over the country, individuals, families and corporations dedicate enormous amounts of time and energy moving The V Foundation closer to fulfilling Jim Valvano’s dream of finding cures for cancer. These volunteers organize fun, inspiring events ranging from bake sales and basketball games to runs and walks – each as unique as the individuals who create them.
Create your own fundraiser, and support cancer research. You too can make a difference. Join us today!
- Date: March 13, 2016 - May 31, 2016
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Contact: Tom Kelly | 763-232-6929 | email@example.com
- Date: April 11, 2016 - May 1, 2016
- Location: Ellicott City, MD
- Contact: Thomas Dagenais | 443-829-5851 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: April 29, 2016
- Location: Waldorf, MD
- Contact: Steven Baldo | 716-207-3784 | email@example.com
The William B. Wade Unified Basketball Team will be holding their 2nd annual charity game. We are proud to donate 100% of our proceeds to The V Foundation. Our team’s motto this year is, “Don’t Give Up . . . Don’t Ever Give Up!”(R)
- Date: May 1, 2016
- Location: Flint, MI
- Contact: Jacob Keeler | 989-860-1468 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The VK is a yearly 5k run hosted by the Kettering-B chapter of the Delta Chi Fraternity to raise money for The V Foundation for Cancer Research. A $5 minimum donation is required in order to participate in the event.
- Date: May 3, 2016
- Location: Delaware, NJ
- Contact: Jenna Maxman | 908-256-0312 | email@example.com
Students/participants of the school will walk laps around the school’s walking path, continuously during the school day on the walk-a-thon day.
- Date: May 14, 2016
- Location: Corvallis, OR
- Contact: Matthew Bullock | 303-549-9597 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be hosting a 5K at the Bald Hill trail in Corvallis to raise money for The V Foundation.
- Date: May 20, 2016
- Location: Carlisle, PA
- Contact: Peter Fray | 717-385-4384 | email@example.com
Golf Tournament to raise money for cancer research in Memory of deceased parents Barbara (Bobbie) and Spencer Fray.
- Date: May 21, 2016
- Location: Greensboro, NC
- Contact: Regan Elwood | 336-339-1142 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Block Party with the band, Graymatter.
- Date: June 1, 2016 - June 30, 2016
- Location: Garden City, NY
- Contact: Erika Riccardi | 786-208-7608 | email@example.com
MedSource is hosting a family BBQ for all its employees at the company’s expense in support of the Jimmy V Foundation.
- Date: June 4, 2016
- Location: Huntersville, NC
- Contact: Ken Beasley | 704-301-8202 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls and boys basketball game for high school seniors in the Lake Norman (NC) area. Includes celebrity coaches and guest speakers. This year will be our third event.
- Date: June 18, 2016
- Location: Snellville, GA
- Contact: Ted Mengel | 404-314-6799 | email@example.com
5th year golf tournament to benefit The V Foundation.
- Date: June 18, 2016
- Location: Scottsville, NY
- Contact: Robert Scantlin | 585-319-0306 | Bobbym1211@yahoo.com
Golf Tournament to honor the memory of Maureen Scantlin.
- Date: June 22, 2016
- Location: Ankeny, IA
- Contact: Tammy Hasler | 319-297-7828
Join Hall of Fame ESPN Broadcaster Dick Vitale, and his special guests, Steve Prohm, Head Men’s Basketball Coach at Iowa State University, and Dan Gable, Former Olympic Wrestler and Head Wresting Coach at University of Iowa, on June 22nd at the Talons of Tuscany golf club in Ankeny, Iowa to raise funds for pediatric cancer research. The day for golfers will begin with brunch at the Clubhouse and a team photo with Dick Vitale. Beverages will be provided throughout the course and a cocktail reception and Awards Dinner will follow onsite at the club.
Sponsorship opportunities are available and you can get more information on the event HERE.
- Date: June 24, 2016
- Location: Littlestown, PA
- Contact: Timothy Frame | 240-372-6462 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The family and friends of Matt Frame are hosting a golf tournament in support of The V Foundation for Cancer Research.
- Date: August 5, 2016
- Location: Madison, WI
- Contact: Brian Beinborn | 608-445-4800 | email@example.com
Join us for the 3rd Annual Rabbi’s Memorial Golf Outing. All proceeds will go to the Rabbi Memorial Fund, used to provide scholarships to high school students, and The V Foundation for Cancer Research. The event is a four-person scramble and includes contests, silent auction, flight winners and more! Stick around after the golf and invite others to enjoy the Mighty WheelHouse on the terrace at University Ridge. Come out on August 5th and give back while enjoying the best your community has to offer. A community impacted by a great man who would want us all to pay it forward. We hope to see you there!
- Date: August 13, 2016
- Location: Manheim, PA
- Contact: Julie Ernst
For the past two years, the Kreider Kopp Memorial Summer Bash has fundraised for The V Foundation and has donated more than $25,000! The Bash features a BBQ meal, drinks, live entertainment and silent auction. Since 2011, we have been raising funds to support organizations that supported us and our loved ones as they fought their battles with cancer. Bill Kreider (57) brain cancer and Dave Kopp (40) stomach cancer… forever in our hearts!
- Date: September 1, 2016
- Location: Newport, PA
- Contact: Abbie Fry | 717-269-6254 | firstname.lastname@example.org
In memory of Jerry Fry, avid golfer and greenskeeper.
- Date: January 30, 2016
- Location: Duquesne University
- Contact: Jill Purcell | 267-218-4006 | email@example.com
“I Got SNAGGED 4 Jimmy V” is an interactive mini golf tournament along with a Chinese auction with prizes from local businesses. Participants play four holes of golf in hopes getting the best score and winning a trophy and prize. All profits from the event go directly to The V Foundation.
- Date: October 14, 2016
- Location: York, PA
- Contact: Matthew Helfrich | 215-806-9616 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Charity golf outing in honor of Teresa Helfrich and Dennis Falvey, who died of cancer in 2009. The golf outing will take place at Heritage Hills golf course in York, PA and includes lunch, reception. Last year – $17k raised. For more information on this event, visit the event website.
- Date: October 9, 2016
- Location: Oshkosh, WI
- Contact: Turner Vaughn | (608) 774-3528 | email@example.com
A concert tour at various venues in Wisconsin, including university campuses and nightclubs. Percentage of ticket sales will go to The V Foundation for Cancer Research, participants will also be able to make a donation either online or at the event.
- Date: February 25, 2016
- Location: St. Johns Parish Center
- Contact: Jonie Naylor | firstname.lastname@example.org
4 day basketball tournament involving local CYO teams, DJ playing music, Spirit of Jimmy V medallions awarded to deserving player on each team, silent auction and concessions. Jim Valvano’s speech plays non-stop for 4 days. Cornerstone of event is that we make it very personal by recognizing and honoring local families that have been affected by cancer. This past year we recognized all survivors and surviving families by giving them an opportunity to speak prior to games. We have raised over $300,000 for cancer research with this event and other events that we sponsor. Our CYO Classic has become know locally as “4 Special Days.”
- Date: March 4, 2016
- Location: Weston, FL
- Contact: Michael Graff | 305-205-2223 | email@example.com
Participants (kids and adults) will keep a basketball dribbling from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., or for as long as they can, receiving pledge donations for each hour. Aaron Graff, 12 years old, will be having his Bar Mitzvah in April 2016 and this is his idea for his mitzvah project.
- Our Story
- 20th Anniversary Book
- Annual/Audit Report
- Board of Directors
- Scientific Advisory Committee
- Remembering Jim
- Contact Us