Ongoing events throughout 2015 to support The V Foundation
All over the country, individuals, families and corporations dedicate enormous amounts of time and energy to move The Foundation closer to fulfilling Jim Valvano’s dream of finding a cure for cancer. These volunteers organize fun and inspiring fundraisers to spread awareness of The V Foundation’s mission. Some of these events include basketball games, golf tournaments, formal galas and many more – each as unique as the individuals who conduct them. We recognize the hard work that goes into coordinating an event and we truly appreciate the effort and dedication that these individuals, groups and families extend to supporting our cause.
- Date: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015
- Location: Cambridge Village, Apex, NC
- Contact: Sarah Stephenson | 919-623-1095 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: July 10, 2015
- Location: Holly Springs, NC
- Contact: Cheryl Fekete | 919-623-7330 | mailto:email@example.com
Birthday party for Michael and Cheryl Fekete. Catered event with 80+ invitees
- Date: July 18, 2015
- Location: Sugar Grove, IL
- Contact: Jerry Auchstetter | 630 896-6010 | Auchstetter@comcast.net
Charity Golf Outing. The format is a scramble with a shotgun start.
- Date: July 25, 2015
- Location: Pataskala, OH
- Contact: Zachary Kover | 740-814-6915 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf outing in honor of Phil and Carol Kover who passed away from prostate and breast cancer.
- Date: July 25, 2015
- Location: Hudson River
- Contact: Michael Matheson | 914-525-7198 | 1112 Stonegate Rd.
|This Event that will begin just North of Albany With 2 People that will travel the Hudson River over 100 Miles South to Beacon taking about 5 days. We are currently planning a final Event on Bannerman Island between Beacon NY and Newburgh NY marking the end of our the journey. We will be leaving Albany on July 21st and landing in Beacon on the 25th. We are hoping to raise money by sponsors donating per mile traveled but are open to suggestions.|
- Date: July 27, 2015
- Location: Farmingdale, NY
- Contact: Rich Mullin | 516-505-3464 | email@example.com
Charity golf outing.
- Date: August 3, 2015
- Location: Northport, NY
- Contact: Chris Veraszto | 631-877-5571 | Chrisv56@msn.com
18 hole memorial golf outing followed by dinner and a Chinese auction
- Date: August 7, 2015
- Location: Verona, WI
- Contact: Brian Beinborn | 608-445-4800 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Four person scramble including contests, hole prizes and raffle prizes.
- Date: August 23, 2015
- Location: Manheim, Pennsylvania
- Contact: Deanna Forbes | 717-475-7166 | email@example.com
- Date: October 10, 2015
- Location: Naples, FL
- Contact: Jonathan Lombardi | 239-449-7841 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Charity golf tournament held in a scramble format with live and silent auction as well as a gala/dinner event.
- Date: October 16, 2015
- Location: Elgin, IL
- Contact: Jerry McLaughlin | 847-214-7249 | email@example.com
|Silent Auction in the Elgin Community College Events Center Lobby. We will also play a Women’s Basketball game in the Gym on Friday, October 16, 2015 in Elgin, IL. the first year of the Fundraiser was October, 2002.|
- Date: October 17, 2015
- Location: Lutz, FL
- Contact: Jeff Harris | 305-336-7042 | firstname.lastname@example.org
BBQ Contest and picnic with a silent auction at the Stonebrier Community Grounds.
- Date: October 17, 2015
- Location: Bowling Green, KY
- Contact: Andrew Wingard | 270-438-6076 | email@example.com
This is the 1st annual KICK IT! Cancer! Kickball Tournament. This event will be held at Western Kentucky University’s Hattie L. Preston Intramural Sports Complex in Bowling Green, Kentucky. It will be a Kickball tournament consisting of 16 teams. The event will be held from 9AM-5PM on Saturday October 17th, 2015. The first 16 teams to register will be accepted. It will be based on a first come first serve basis. The deadline to register for the event will be October 7th, 2015. Each team must have a minimum of 8 players, and can have no more than 11 on a team. Western Kentucky staff, students, and local Bowling Green Community are invited to participate!
- Date: November 7, 2015
- Location: Bradenton, FL
- Contact: Alecia Sugden | 941-243-1024 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Event will have live entertainment, live auction and cook out
- Date: December 19, 2015 - December 20, 2015
- Location: Pittsgrove, NJ
- Contact: Bruce Konyak | 856-358-2054 | email@example.com
22 of the Top Boys Basketball teams will play in a 2 day basketball tournament to help raise money for the V Foundation
- Date: December 28, 2015 - December 30, 2015
- Location: Rainsville, AL
- Contact: Anthony Cooper | 256-899-6090 | firstname.lastname@example.org
16 Team Basketball Tournament held December 28th- 30th of 2015 at the DeKalb County Schools Coliseum.
- Date: January 9, 2016
- Location: State College, PA
- Contact: Ryan Walsh | 814-231-1143 | email@example.com
On Saturday, January 9, 2016, the State College Area High School 7th, 8th and 9th Grade Boys’ Basketball teams will participate in the Tenth Annual Jimmy V Classic to be held at the State College Area High School’s North Building starting at 10am. They will be competing against teams from Loyalsock, Lower Dauphin and Williamsport School Districts.
- Date: May 14, 2016
- Location: Wilmington, NC
- Contact: Jacob Wright | 919-368-8536 | Jacob@bombersbevco.com
Bombers Beverage Company of Wilmington, N.C. will be providing the Cape Fear Region with a new quality rare beer event mid-May of 2016. The Bombers Rare Beer Experience will coincide with American Craft Beer Week. Tickets for the event are to go on sale in November of 2015 and will include commemorative stemmed ware, a tasting notebook, locally sourced finger food, and bottled water. .
The Inaugural Bombers Rare Beer Experience is being created to provide craft beer enthusiasts with the pinnacle of beer tasting experiences. Participating brewery representatives will pour rare beers in an intimate environment, allowing attendants the opportunity to learn what makes these beers so magnificent.
- Date: June 18, 2016
- Location: Scottsville, NY
- Contact: Robert Scantlin | 585-319-0306 | Bobbym1211@yahoo.com
Golf Tournament to honor the memory of Maureen Scantlin.
- Date: February 26, 2016
- Location: Weston, FL
- Contact: Michael Graff | 305-205-2223 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants (kids and adults) will keep a basketball dribbling from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., or for as long as they can, receiving pledge donations for each hour. Aaron Graff, 12 years old, will be having his Bar Mitzvah in April 2016 and this is his idea for his mitzvah project.
- Our Story
- 20th Anniversary Book
- Annual/Audit Report
- Board of Directors
- Scientific Advisory Committee
- Remembering Jim
- Contact Us