28 team men’s softball tournament held annually. Three day tournament includes; Home-run derby, concession stand, and t-shirt sales in addition to tea cup raffle with great prizes from local businesses. All proceeds promoting cancer awareness.
All over the country, individuals, families and corporations dedicate enormous amounts of time and energy to move The Foundation closer to fulfilling Jim Valvano’s dream of finding a cure for cancer. These volunteers organize fun and inspiring fundraisers to spread awareness of The V Foundation’s mission. Some of these events include basketball games, golf tournaments, formal galas and many more – each as unique as the individuals who conduct them. We recognize the hard work that goes into coordinating an event and we truly appreciate the effort and dedication that these individuals, groups and families extend to supporting our cause.
- Date: August 15, 2014 - August 17, 2014
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Contact: Dominic Colavito | 203-530-0000 | email@example.com
- Date: August 16, 2014
- Location: Leadville, CO
- Contact: Dave Oliver | 719-330-8650 | firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Mile trail run at 10,000 plus feet with a 30 hour cut off.
- Date: August 16, 2014 12:00pm
- Location: MacGregor Village Cary, NC
- Contact: Blake Balbirnie | (919)741-2576 | Info@Rally4ACure.org
- Date: August 19, 2014 - August 21, 2014
- Location: Newtown, PA
- Contact: Tommy Kelly | 215-579-6210 | email@example.com
A neighborhood basketball camp for children grades 1-5. 100% of the proceeds are donated to The V Foundation.
- Date: August 2, 2014
- Location: Manheim, PA
- Contact: Deanna Forbes | 717-475-7166 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Picnic with live entertainment, yard games, silent auction and raffle.
- Date: August 23, 2014
- Location: Chestertown, MD
- Contact: Brad Wilson | 443-480-7370 | email@example.com
Cornhole, Horseshoe tourney, Golf Tourney, Silent Auction, Dunk Booth and More!
- Date: August 30, 2014
- Location: Erskine, MN
- Contact: David Stordahl | 218-563-4406 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: September 6, 2014
- Location: Addyston, OH
- Contact: Mary Willhite | (513)607-4666 | email@example.com
Dinner buffet and music held at The Meadows Banquet Hall to benefit The V Foundation
- Date: September 8, 2014
- Location: Prospect, KY
- Contact: Todd Patterson | 502-366-9891 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Four man, best ball golf scramble
- Date: September 13, 2014 - September 14, 2014
- Location: Danville, VA
- Contact: Brice Johnson | (919)478-3635 | email@example.com
An Autocross event, prize raffle and lunch
- Date: September 13, 2014
- Location: Marietta, GA
- Contact: Joe Johnson | 678-860-9370 | firstname.lastname@example.org
A 5k run/walk, hosted by The Men On Point, to raise funding and awareness for Prostate Cancer.
- Date: September 14, 2014
- Location: Madison, WI
- Contact: Brian Beinborn | 608-445-4800 | email@example.com
- Date: September 14, 2014
- Location: Chantilly, VA
- Contact: Peter Dwyer | 757-897-5585 | firstname.lastname@example.org
An annual golf tournament which raises money to fight cancer.
- Date: September 20, 2014
- Location: Smith Mountain Lake (Moneta, VA)
- Contact: Luke Black | (757)651-8943 | email@example.com
Participants will travel the lake, stopping at set locations to be issued a card. The participant with the best poker hand at the end wins.
- Date: October 4, 2014
- Location: Douglassville, PA
- Contact: Matt Ashcroft | 484-529-7651 | firstname.lastname@example.org
First annual golf outing in memory of Mike Ashcroft held at Arrowhead Golf Course
- Date: November 2, 2014
- Location: New York, NY
- Contact: Mara Reinstein and Sarah Grossbart | 212-651-7869
A pair of veteran US weekly staffers, proud Detroit natives and marathon runners are running the New York City Marathon on November 2 and raising funds in memory of Lacey Holsworth. “Princess Lacey” — who battled pediatric cancer neuroblastoma — courageously lived every moment and spread her infectuous joy to her beloved Michigan State Spartan basketball team. By the spring, she had enchanted the entire country.
- Date: December 31, 2014
- Location: Online
- Contact: James Liber | 503-869-8646 | PuzlJim@aol.com
Puzln Jewels, LLC donates $2.00 to The V Foundation for each PUZLN 1-9 Mini Magazine #2 sold
- About Us
- Community Events
- The Dick Vitale Gala
- ESPY Celebrity Golf Classic
- ESPY Awards
- Wine Celebration
- Jimmy V Classic
- Racquets for Research
- Rock ‘n’ Roll: Run 4 V
- The V Challenge
- Undefeated: A Gala in Chicago
- Virginia Vine
- Get Involved
- V’s Voice