Ongoing events throughout 2015 to support The V Foundation
All over the country, individuals, families and corporations dedicate enormous amounts of time and energy to move The Foundation closer to fulfilling Jim Valvano’s dream of finding a cure for cancer. These volunteers organize fun and inspiring fundraisers to spread awareness of The V Foundation’s mission. Some of these events include basketball games, golf tournaments, formal galas and many more – each as unique as the individuals who conduct them. We recognize the hard work that goes into coordinating an event and we truly appreciate the effort and dedication that these individuals, groups and families extend to supporting our cause.
- Date: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015
- Location: Cambridge Village, Apex, NC
- Contact: Sarah Stephenson | 919-623-1095 | email@example.com
- Date: August 23, 2015
- Location: Manheim, Pennsylvania
- Contact: Deanna Forbes | 717-475-7166 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: August 31, 2015
- Location: Medina, OH
- Contact: Hayley Lappin | 330-929-9449 | email@example.com
On August 31st at the Fox Meadow Country Club, a charity golf tournament and silent auction will be held to support The V Foundation. Come help fight the fight against cancer!
- Date: September 19, 2015
- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Contact: Daniel Kluth | 919-946-6561 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday September 19th, 5pm – 9pm (Gates open @ 4pm)
Come out to support The V Foundation for Cancer Research and enjoy some great music and food. We will have local food trucks serving up some of Raleigh’s best food. We’ll have cold drinks and GREAT MUSIC! The Bud Light Girls will also be on hand along with local craft vendors.
This year the Knights of Columbus are pleased to welcome to the event SkyCresT AND the feature act… the rockin’ music of SOUTHERN GRACE!!!!
Come out to support a great cause in The V Foundation and enjoy some great music!!!
- Date: October 3, 2015
- Location: Syracuse, NY
- Contact: Alex Sakin | 415-481-3525 | Amjgroupllc@gmail.com
MMA Signatures has teamed up with AMJ Expo Group to bring you The MMA Classic Fan Expo, taking place October 3-4, 2015 in Syracuse NY at the Center of Progress Bldg. New York State Fairgrounds.
MMA Classic Fan Expo is set to become East Coast’s premier Mixed Martial Arts fan event. Thousands of fans will celebrate their passion for America’s fastest growing sport Saturday, October 3rd and 4th. Through participation in exhibitions, autograph and training sessions, fan-inspired special events.
- Date: October 10, 2015
- Location: Naples, FL
- Contact: Jonathan Lombardi | 239-449-7841 | email@example.com
Charity golf tournament held in a scramble format with live and silent auction as well as a gala/dinner event.
- Date: October 10, 2015
- Location: Daytona Beach, FL
- Contact: Steve Filingo | 570-589-1036 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Free to Enter
$20.00 to Bowl
Bowl 3 games, 9 pin no tap format.
Free shoe rentals.
Starts at 4 P.M.
Dave’s Dart Shop
Will be hosting an electronic “High Score” Dart Tournament. $5.00 per game. Starts at 4 P.M.. Trophies Awarded
Iron Horse Saloon
Will be hosting a Corn Hole Tournament. $5.00 entry fee
Starts at 6 P.M.
We Will Also have a Billiard Tournament. $5.00 entry fee
Starts at 6 P.M.
- Date: October 10, 2015
- Location: Ferndale, MI
- Contact: Frank Reinstein | 248-752-8448 | email@example.com
Come watch Michigan State take on Rutgers and help kick cancer’s butt. We’ve teamed up with Dick Vitale and the V Foundation to raise money for Dickie V’s Pediatric Cancer Research Grant in Memory of Lacey Holsworth
- Date: October 16, 2015
- Location: Elgin, IL
- Contact: Jerry McLaughlin | 847-214-7249 | firstname.lastname@example.org
|Silent Auction in the Elgin Community College Events Center Lobby. We will also play a Women’s Basketball game in the Gym on Friday, October 16, 2015 in Elgin, IL. the first year of the Fundraiser was October, 2002.|
- Date: October 17, 2015
- Location: Lutz, FL
- Contact: Jeff Harris | 305-336-7042 | email@example.com
BBQ Contest and picnic with a silent auction at the Stonebrier Community Grounds.
- Date: October 24, 2015
- Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Contact: Jill Ratzan | 954-659-1234 | firstname.lastname@example.org
“A heck of a day” where we will laugh, we will think, and we will cry, as we celebrate Isaac Ratzan’s coming of age. Isaac has chosen to raise money and awareness for the Jimmy V Foundation as his first opportunity to fulfill his obligation in making the world a better place.
- Date: October 25, 2015
- Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
- Contact: Zachary Kircher | 518-587-1055 | email@example.com
The Tom Jacon Memorial Golf Outing is a 4 person team scramble event held in honor of the event host’s late grandfather.
- Date: November 7, 2015
- Location: Plantation, FL
- Contact: Delphine Ritter | 954-401-7198 | firstname.lastname@example.org
On November 7th, a dinner banquet in honor of Pastor Marlon Ritter will take place. A speaker will be present at the event benefiting The V Foundation for Cancer Research.
- Date: November 7, 2015
- Location: Bradenton, FL
- Contact: Alecia Sugden | 941-243-1024 | email@example.com
Event will have live entertainment, live auction and cook out
- Date: December 19, 2015
- Location: Marlton, NJ
- Contact: Eric Cassidy | 609-634-3189 | firstname.lastname@example.org
22 of the Top Boys Basketball teams will play at Cherokee High School in a tournament to help raise money for The V Foundation
- Date: December 28, 2015 - December 30, 2015
- Location: Rainsville, AL
- Contact: Anthony Cooper | 256-899-6090 | email@example.com
16 Team Basketball Tournament held December 28th- 30th of 2015 at the DeKalb County Schools Coliseum.
- Date: August 28, 2015
- Location: Chestertown, MD
- Contact: Brad Wilson | 410-778-5007 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a 50-100 player scramble golf tournament
- Date: September 22, 2015 - September 24, 2015
- Location: Starkville, MS
- Contact: Zachary Howell | email@example.com
The Mississippi State Chapter of Delta Chi will host the inaugural Delta Chi Earth Ball Tournament philanthropy event starting Tuesday, September 22nd through Thursday, September 24th. This tournament will be open to all fraternities and sororities. Teams will consist of 8 to 10 members and the total cost per team is $50. The tournament will take place at Sport Club Fields on Stone Blvd. across from Thompson Hall. All proceeds from this event will go to The V Foundation for Cancer Research.
- Date: January 9, 2016
- Location: State College, PA
- Contact: Ryan Walsh | 814-231-1143 | firstname.lastname@example.org
On Saturday, January 9, 2016, the State College Area High School 7th, 8th and 9th Grade Boys’ Basketball teams will participate in the Tenth Annual Jimmy V Classic to be held at the State College Area High School’s North Building starting at 10am. They will be competing against teams from Loyalsock, Lower Dauphin and Williamsport School Districts.
- Date: January 23, 2016
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact: Edward Martin | 619-200-0689 | email@example.com
San Diego Coaches vs. Cancer Boys Basketball 1-day Event.
All proceeds to be donated to The V Foundation.
- Date: May 14, 2016
- Location: Wilmington, NC
- Contact: Jacob Wright | 919-368-8536 | Jacob@bombersbevco.com
Bombers Beverage Company of Wilmington, N.C. will be providing the Cape Fear Region with a new quality rare beer event mid-May of 2016. The Bombers Rare Beer Experience will coincide with American Craft Beer Week. Tickets for the event are to go on sale in November of 2015 and will include commemorative stemmed ware, a tasting notebook, locally sourced finger food, and bottled water. .
The Inaugural Bombers Rare Beer Experience is being created to provide craft beer enthusiasts with the pinnacle of beer tasting experiences. Participating brewery representatives will pour rare beers in an intimate environment, allowing attendants the opportunity to learn what makes these beers so magnificent.
- Date: June 18, 2016
- Location: Scottsville, NY
- Contact: Robert Scantlin | 585-319-0306 | Bobbym1211@yahoo.com
Golf Tournament to honor the memory of Maureen Scantlin.
- Date: August 5, 2016
- Location: Madison, WI
- Contact: Brian Beinborn | 608-445-4800 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for the 3rd Annual Rabbi’s Memorial Golf Outing. All proceeds will go to the Rabbi Memorial Fund, used to provide scholarships to high school students, and The V Foundation for cancer research.
The event is a four-person scramble and includes contests, silent auction, flight winners and more!
Stick around after the golf and invite others to enjoy the Mighty WheelHouse on the terrace at University Ridge.
COST: $125 per golfer includes 18 holes, cart, practice balls, raffle ticket, drink chip, dinner, cover charge for the WheelHouse and a special edition Rabbi’s t-shirt!
Come out on August 5th and give back while enjoying the best your community has to offer. A community impacted by a great man who would want us all to pay it forward. We hope to see you there!
- Date: September 1, 2016
- Location: Newport, PA
- Contact: Abbie Fry | 717-269-6254 | email@example.com
In memory of Jerry Fry, avid golfer and greenskeeper.
- Date: February 26, 2016
- Location: Weston, FL
- Contact: Michael Graff | 305-205-2223 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants (kids and adults) will keep a basketball dribbling from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., or for as long as they can, receiving pledge donations for each hour. Aaron Graff, 12 years old, will be having his Bar Mitzvah in April 2016 and this is his idea for his mitzvah project.
- Our Story
- 20th Anniversary Book
- Annual/Audit Report
- Board of Directors
- Scientific Advisory Committee
- Remembering Jim
- Contact Us