Ongoing events throughout 2015 to support The V Foundation
All over the country, individuals, families and corporations dedicate enormous amounts of time and energy to move The Foundation closer to fulfilling Jim Valvano’s dream of finding a cure for cancer. These volunteers organize fun and inspiring fundraisers to spread awareness of The V Foundation’s mission. Some of these events include basketball games, golf tournaments, formal galas and many more – each as unique as the individuals who conduct them. We recognize the hard work that goes into coordinating an event and we truly appreciate the effort and dedication that these individuals, groups and families extend to supporting our cause.
- Date: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015
- Location: Cambridge Village, Apex, NC
- Contact: Sarah Stephenson | 919-623-1095 | email@example.com
- Date: May 30, 2015
- Location: Huntersville, NC
- Contact: Ken Beasley | 704-301-8202 | firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd year event. A high school all-star basketball game. Lake Norman area high school seniors. 3pt competition and dunk contest.
- Date: June 2, 2015
- Location: Youngstown, OH
- Contact: Dorothy DelBoccio | 330-509-3121 | mailto:email@example.com
This day brings awareness about cancer and raises money for cancer research. The money is raised through online donations and selling t-shirts with the Jimmy V logo. Students will watch Jimmy V’s ESPY speech and the 30 for 30. They will also participate in cross-curricular, common core activities.
- Date: June 12, 2015 - June 13, 2015
- Location: Riverside Casino & Golf, Riverside, IA
Join the 380 Companies and legendary sportscaster Dick Vitale for the 5th Annual 380 Companies and Dick Vitale Golf & Gala in June 2015. Featured guests include Notre Dame Head Basketball Coach Mike Brey, University of Northern Iowa Head Basketball Coach Ben Jacobson and Notre Dame Director of Media Productions Jack Nolan.
- Date: June 20, 2015
- Location: Snellville, GA
- Contact: Ted Mengel | 404-314-6999 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf tournament in memory of Ted Mengel’s father.
- Date: June 27, 2015
- Location: Danville, VA
- Contact: Brice Johnson | 919-478-3635 | email@example.com
THSCC will host its annual Jimmy V Charity event at Danville Regional Airport for two days of coneage against cancer! We will have prizes, give-aways, raffle items and plenty of competition for anyone who is willing to put their car (or their friend’s car) through it’s paces. Come out and help us support a great cause! To date, we have raised over $50,000 for Cancer research.
Check out some videos of the previous events to get an idea what this event will be all about:
- Date: June 28, 2015
- Location: Trenton, NJ
- Contact: Larry Warren | 215-669-2725 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Home run derby where 20 high schoolers from New Jersey and Pennsylvania participating in a home run contest.
- Date: July 10, 2015
- Location: Holly Springs, NC
- Contact: Cheryl Fekete | 919-623-7330 | mailto:email@example.com
Birthday party for Michael and Cheryl Fekete. Catered event with 80+ invitees
- Date: July 18, 2015
- Location: Sugar Grove, IL
- Contact: Jerry Auchstetter | 630 896-6010 | Auchstetter@comcast.net
Charity Golf Outing. The format is a scramble with a shotgun start.
- Date: July 25, 2015
- Location: Pataskala, OH
- Contact: Zachary Kover | 740-814-6915 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf outing in honor of Phil and Carol Kover who passed away from prostate and breast cancer.
- Date: July 25, 2015
- Location: Hudson River
- Contact: Michael Matheson | 914-525-7198 | 1112 Stonegate Rd.
|This Event that will begin just North of Albany With 2 People that will travel the Hudson River over 100 Miles South to Beacon taking about 5 days. We are currently planning a final Event on Bannerman Island between Beacon NY and Newburgh NY marking the end of our the journey. We will be leaving Albany on July 21st and landing in Beacon on the 25th. We are hoping to raise money by sponsors donating per mile traveled but are open to suggestions.|
- Date: July 27, 2015
- Location: Farmingdale, NY
- Contact: Rich Mullin | 516-505-3464 | email@example.com
Charity golf outing.
- Date: August 7, 2015
- Location: Verona, WI
- Contact: Brian Beinborn | 608-445-4800 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Four person scramble including contests, hole prizes and raffle prizes.
- Date: August 23, 2015
- Location: Manheim, Pennsylvania
- Contact: Deanna Forbes | 717-475-7166 | email@example.com
- Date: October 10, 2015
- Location: Naples, FL
- Contact: Jonathan Lombardi | 239-449-7841 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Charity golf tournament held in a scramble format with live and silent auction as well as a gala/dinner event.
- Date: October 16, 2015
- Location: Elgin, IL
- Contact: Jerry McLaughlin | 847-214-7249 | email@example.com
|Silent Auction in the Elgin Community College Events Center Lobby. We will also play a Women’s Basketball game in the Gym on Friday, October 16, 2015 in Elgin, IL. the first year of the Fundraiser was October, 2002.|
- Date: October 17, 2015
- Location: Lutz, FL
- Contact: Jeff Harris | 305-336-7042 | firstname.lastname@example.org
BBQ Contest and picnic with a silent auction at the Stonebrier Community Grounds.
- Date: November 7, 2015
- Location: Bradenton, FL
- Contact: Alecia Sugden | 941-243-1024 | email@example.com
Event will have live entertainment, live auction and cook out
- Date: December 19, 2015 - December 20, 2015
- Location: Pittsgrove, NJ
- Contact: Bruce Konyak | 856-358-2054 | firstname.lastname@example.org
22 of the Top Boys Basketball teams will play in a 2 day basketball tournament to help raise money for the V Foundation
- Our Story
- 20th Anniversary Book
- Annual/Audit Report
- Board of Directors
- Scientific Advisory Committee
- Remembering Jim
- Contact Us