To commemorate the 5 year anniversary of J.R. Janos’ passing, and to honor his lifelong love of sports, Jerseys for J.R. will be selling custom t-shirts from August 21st (his birthday) through December 27th (the anniversary of his death). All proceeds will be donated to The V Foundation in J.R.’s memory.
Host a Fundraiser
All over the country, individuals, families and corporations dedicate enormous amounts of time and energy moving The V Foundation closer to fulfilling Jim Valvano’s dream of finding cures for cancer. These volunteers organize fun, inspiring events ranging from bake sales and basketball games to runs and walks – each as unique as the individuals who create them.
Create your own fundraiser, and support cancer research. You too can make a difference. Join us today!
- Date: August 21, 2016 - December 27, 2016
- Location: Export, PA
- Contact: Maria Revetta
- Date: September 1, 2016
- Location: Newport, PA
- Contact: Abbie Fry | 717-269-6254 | firstname.lastname@example.org
In memory of Jerry Fry, avid golfer and greenskeeper.
- Date: September 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016
- Location: Newtown, CT
- Contact: Amy Philipp-Zavatsky | email@example.com
Amy Zavatsky will be giving back 10% or more of the proceeds from her sales of Chloe & Isabel jewelry between September 1st and December 31st, 2016.
- Date: September 4, 2016 - May 1, 2017
- Location: Angier, NC
- Contact: Angella Nadeau | firstname.lastname@example.org
In memory of Angella’s mother, Helene, who passed away from cancer in 2014, please make a donation to The V Foundation for cancer research in lieu of gifts for the Nadeau-Champion wedding. For more information or to make a donation, please click here.
- Date: September 7, 2016 - September 28, 2016
- Location: Dixon, KY
Dixon Elementary School will be hosting a penny drive in honor of our students who are currently battling cancer. Our principal has agreed to dye his hair gold if we meet our goal of $500.00. To donate directly to our fundraiser, please follow this link.
- Date: September 11, 2016
- Location: Yonkers, NY
- Contact: Matthew Murray | email@example.com
Please join us in celebrating Kathleen Duffy at our first annual golf outing at Sprain Lake Golf Course in Yonkers, NY. Our late cousin personified a great spirit and love for helping other people live better lives. It was her wish for any donations in her name to go towards the Jimmy V foundation for cancer research. Please click here to purchase tickets.
- Date: September 17, 2016
- Location: St. Pete Beach, FL
- Contact: Alecia Sugden | 727-313-2035 | firstname.lastname@example.org
1st annual Trolley crawl hosted by Shadracks Beach Bar.
- Date: October 14, 2016
- Location: York, PA
- Contact: Matthew Helfrich | 215-806-9616 | email@example.com
Charity golf outing in honor of Teresa Helfrich and Dennis Falvey, who died of cancer in 2009. The golf outing will take place at Heritage Hills golf course in York, PA and includes lunch, reception. Last year – $17k raised. For more information on this event, visit the event website.
- Date: October 21, 2016 - December 31, 2016
- Location: Crowdfunding
- Contact: Andrew Zappala | firstname.lastname@example.org
With your help we can kick the crap out of cancer two beverages at a time. In August of 2016, cancer claimed the life of our best friend Howard Hsu’s mother. We set out to surprise Howard and honor his mom’s life. #StoneColdCancer was born. For more information about getting involved with the crowdfunding, email Andrew Zappala.
- Date: October 23, 2016
- Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
- Contact: Zachary Kircher | 518-461-0894 | email@example.com
A golf tournament at Saratoga National Golf Club.
- Date: October 29, 2016 8:30am
- Location: Lavallette, WV
- Contact: Brenton Shaffer | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: October 6, 2016
- Location: USD Sports Center, San Diego, CA
- Contact: Owen Lewis | email@example.com
Get ready to rumble! The University of San Diego’s Phi Gamma Delta chapter is hosting a school wide carnival and inflatable boxing themed tournament. Members of organizations from across USD’s campus will come together to fight for those who have been affected by cancer.
- Date: October 6, 2016
- Location: Dexter, MI
- Contact: Scott Forrester | firstname.lastname@example.org
This year’s Rivalry Soccer Match between Dexter HS & Chelsea HS will be played not only for the win, and not only for bragging rights, but also for a great cause!
- Date: October 9, 2016
- Location: Oshkosh, WI
- Contact: Turner Vaughn | (608) 774-3528 | email@example.com
A concert tour at various venues in Wisconsin, including university campuses and nightclubs. Percentage of ticket sales will go to The V Foundation for Cancer Research, participants will also be able to make a donation either online or at the event.
- Date: November 3, 2016
- Location: Hartford, CT
- Contact: Maria Angelico | firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy an evening at Front Street Bistro & Spotlight Theatres featuring hors d’oeuvres, drinks, networking, a silent auction, and guest speakers, including George Bodenheimer, former president of ESPN and of ABC’s sports division, and Seth Greenberg, ESPN college basketball analyst. For more information please visit the event website here.
- Date: November 4, 2016
- Location: Holly Springs, NC
- Contact: Cheryl Fekete | email@example.com
The Annual Fekete Burger Bash is an invitation-only casual backyard party, catered by Barry’s Cafe with BYOB and a DJ and dance floor.
- Date: November 15, 2016 - November 16, 2016
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Contact: Beau | Johnson | firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for a 24 Hour non-stop DJ Livestream with an array of Melbourne DJs playing music and raising money online. This video provides an outstanding introduction to this event.
- Date: November 26, 2016
- Location: Woodstock, IL
- Contact: Neil Johnson | email@example.com
Everyone is touched in some way by cancer. For Neil’s 50th Birthday celebration he will honor and celebrate those affected by cancer with a casino night and a very clever “One Hit Wonder” karaoke silent auction.
- Date: December 17, 2016
- Location: Marlton, NJ
- Contact: Eric Cassidy | 609-634-3189 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fifth Annual Jimmy V Showcase boys’ basketball tournament will be held at Cherokee High School in Marlton New Jersey on December 17th. Thirteen games will be played by 26 teams including nationally ranked St Benedict’s and all proceeds from the tournament will be donated to The V Foundation.
- Date: September 1, 2016 - September 30, 2016
- Location: Nelson County, KY
- Contact: Mike Glass, Jr. | email@example.com
The Lady Cards are sponsoring a Goal-a-thon as a tribute to Mike Glass Sr., father of our soccer coach, who passed away July 5th, 2016 after a 3 year battle with lung cancer. Our players will be collecting donations as well as pledges for scoring goals during their games during September.
- Date: September 24, 2016 - November 24, 2016
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact: Rich Camillucci | PodSlamLive@gmail.com
On September 24th PodSlam: A Podcast Marathon to Benefit Connor’s Cure returns LIVE for 12 STRAIGHT HOURS at The Bughouse Theater in Chicago, IL hosted by Arcade Audio! Bringing together Podcasts from all across the country, PodSlam seeks to provide a unique live event and live streaming experience with the goal of inspiring listeners, attendees, and participants to raise funds to help ensure The V Foundation is able to provide expert, compassionate care for sick children locally, regionally, and globally.
- Date: September 25, 2016
- Location: University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- Contact: TJ Bullock | firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Lynn University alum TJ Bullock for a FIBA endorsed 3×3 basketball tournament to honor the 3rd year anniversary of his mother’s passing away from breast cancer. Come enjoy the fun and help him raise money and awareness for cancer research.
- Date: February 18, 2017
- Location: Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Contact: Dave Haller | email@example.com
Join us February 18th, 2017 at the Ocotillo Golf Resort for the annual Roger Rouse Memorial Golf Tournament. In addition to the golf tournament, there will be food and fun activities for people of all ages.
- Date: March 16, 2017
- Location: Timonium, MD
- Contact: Jessica Szymanski | 908-309-5148 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty basketball game at Dulaney High School.
- Date: January 7, 2017
- Location: State College, PA
- Contact: Ryan Walsh | email@example.com
On Saturday, January 7, 2017, the State College Area High School 7th, 8th and 9th Grade Boys’ Basketball teams will participate in the Eleventh Annual Jimmy V Classic to be held at the State College Area High School’s North Building starting at 10am. They will be competing against teams from Loyalsock, Lower Dauphin and Williamsport School Districts.
All proceeds from the game will be donated to the Jimmy “V” Foundation for cancer research.
- Our Story
- 20th Anniversary Book
- Annual/Audit Report
- Board of Directors
- Scientific Advisory Committee
- Remembering Jim
- Contact Us