Ongoing events throughout 2015 to support The V Foundation
All over the country, individuals, families and corporations dedicate enormous amounts of time and energy to move The Foundation closer to fulfilling Jim Valvano’s dream of finding a cure for cancer. These volunteers organize fun and inspiring fundraisers to spread awareness of The V Foundation’s mission. Some of these events include basketball games, golf tournaments, formal galas and many more – each as unique as the individuals who conduct them. We recognize the hard work that goes into coordinating an event and we truly appreciate the effort and dedication that these individuals, groups and families extend to supporting our cause.
- Date: January 1, 2015
- Location: Cambridge Village, Apex, NC
- Contact: Sarah Stephenson | 919-623-1095 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: February 3, 2015
- Location: Elgin Community College
- Contact: Jerry McLaughlin | 847-214-7249 | email@example.com
Silent auction at ECC Events Center lobby in conjunction with ECC basketball games
- Date: March 4, 2015
- Location: Mooresville, NC
- Contact: Curtis Barlowe | 828-308-2022 | firstname.lastname@example.org
29th year Bass Fishing Tournament.
- Date: March 6, 2015
- Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
- Contact: Michael Stamper | 314-412-5892 | email@example.com
Laser tag tournament at Southeast Missouri State Recreational Center, hosted by the Southeast Missouri State Delta Chi Chapter.
- Date: March 13, 2015
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Contact: Sam Chamseddine | 587-336-6757 | firstname.lastname@example.org
An Amazing Race style event with teams of two competing against each other to complete the road race course. Beginning and ending on the University Campus, the race runs through the city.
- Date: March 20, 2015 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Location: Maumee, OH
- Contact: Michael Carroll | 419-897-0101 | email@example.com
17th Annual March Madness charity event that goes from noon to midnight on the Friday, March 20th at 2211 River Road in Maumee, Ohio, where we again have partnered with The V Foundation!
- Date: March 21, 2015
- Location: Edmund, OK
- Contact: Stacy Brown | 918-271-1804 | firstname.lastname@example.org
National Corndog Day is the 1st full Saturday of March Madness. It will be a celebration full of basketball, corndogs, tater tots, and beer.
- Date: March 21, 2015
- Location: Lakewood, OH
- Contact: Jimmy Madden | 216-849-4051 | email@example.com
This event is a charity hockey game consisting of adult, hockey players from the Cleveland HNA, local retired NHL, Winterhurst Sunday Night Men’s League, Cleveland Heights Men’s League and local high school coaches. Upon learning about Stuart Scott’s death, a six year old boy asked his dad if they could put on a hockey tournament to raise money for Stuart Scott’s kids and cancer. A friend of the boys dad had the hockey connections in the area to make the event happen. Immediately, calls, emails and texts came in from players and coaches who were contacted about the event to participate. There was an overwhelming response to make this happen and all involved were happy to help in any way they could. Many individuals donated their time, materials and money to make posters, programs, jerseys, screen printing and ice time for this event. We are thankful to the players, coaches, volunteers and everyone else who helped in any way to make this little boys dream a reality.
- Date: March 25, 2015
- Location: Knoxville, TN
- Contact: Jacob Dotson | 865-809-3741 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Basketball Tournament from March 25 to March 27 between sororities as well as various events throughout the week for anyone to participate in, all raising money.
- Date: March 28, 2015 - March 29, 2015
- Location: San Antonio, Texas
- Contact: Mrc D. Mulkey | 218-316-1706 | email@example.com
40 leg running relay from Gonzales, T.X. to Houston, T.X. 200 Glorious miles we run to raise money for Jimmy V.
- Date: March 29, 2015
- Location: Bloomington, Indiana
- Contact: Braden Bonczek | 219-204-1821 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This philanthropic pageant strives to showcase the wonderful women of Indiana University’s strong Greek Community.
- Date: April 1, 2015
- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Contact: Penny Leigh | 919-816-3749 | email@example.com
AKC Departments can send a team to the annual basketball shoot-out by raising a minimum of $25 for the foundation. A basketball goal is erected in the parking lot and each team has 5 minutes to shoot free-throws. Team with most baskets wins annual trophy. Also, competitions for best cheer, best uniforms and best canine mascots.
- Date: April 4, 2015
- Location: Boulder, CO
- Contact: Guthrie McGlynn | 303-525-5560 | firstname.lastname@example.org
All star hockey game with players representing their fraternities from CU’s interfraternal community with about 500+ spectators.
- Date: April 6, 2015 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Location: Clifton, NJ
- Contact: Joe Gaccione | 973-725-8024 | email@example.com
Open Bar Happy Hour from 5:30PM-8:30PM. Cocktails and hors d’oeuver’s pre-game for the NCAA Basketball Championship.
- Date: April 22, 2015
- Location: Carterville, IL
- Contact: Michal Junik | 630 202 9362 | firstname.lastname@example.org
|Kimball Classic is our Annual golf philanthropy fundraiser. It is a Shotgun style Golf Scramble, and it is held on our Alumni weekend. Our event also includes a silent auction, hole sponsors, 50/50 drawing, Longest Drive (awarded with trophy), and Closest to Pin (Awarded with trophy).|
- Date: April 25, 2015
- Location: Boone Golf Club
- Contact: Montana Brown | 336-905-4030 | email@example.com
- Date: May 2, 2015
- Location: Melrose, MN
- Contact: DeAnne Garlock | 320-223-0229 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Team dart tournament where portion of entry fees as well as all proceeds from the raffle and challenges will be donated to The V Foundation.
- Date: May 3, 2015
- Location: University of Washington Track
- Contact: Katio Lee | 949-274-0096 | email@example.com
A 5k called the Jimmy VK at The University of Washington to promote awareness and raise money for The V Foundation.
- Date: May 4, 2015
- Location: Gainesville, VA
- Contact: Christine Briercheck | 202-347-2300 | firstname.lastname@example.org
TransPerfect Legal Solutions is hosting its 2nd Annual TLS Invitational to benefit The V Foundation. This memorable day of golf and charity takes place at the prestigious Robert Trent Jones Golf Club, a four-time host of the PGA Tour’s President’s Cup. The 2014 event raised over $25,000 for cancer research, and TLS is determined to more than double their fundraising efforts in 2015.
- Date: May 9, 2015
- Location: Jacksonville, AL
- Contact: William Thomas | 205-919-9364 | email@example.com
Four team scramble for Jimmy V put on by the Jacksonville State University of Delta Chi.
- Date: May 16, 2015 - May 17, 2015
- Location: Kinston, NC
- Contact: Carl Beaman | 252-523-5730 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Four person scramble, two day event at the Kinston Country Club.
- Date: June 12, 2015 - June 13, 2015
- Location: Riverside Casino & Golf, Riverside, IA
Join the 380 Companies and legendary sportscaster Dick Vitale for the 5th Annual 380 Companies and Dick Vitale Golf & Gala in June 2015. Featured guests include Notre Dame Head Basketball Coach Mike Brey, University of Northern Iowa Head Basketball Coach Ben Jacobson and Notre Dame Director of Media Productions Jack Nolan.
- Date: June 20, 2015
- Location: Snellville, GA
- Contact: Ted Mengel | 404-314-6999 | email@example.com
Golf tournament in memory of Ted Mengel’s father.
- Date: June 28, 2015
- Location: Trenton, NJ
- Contact: Larry Warren | 215-669-2725 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Home run derby where 20 high schoolers from New Jersey and Pennsylvania participating in a home run contest.
- Date: July 25, 2015
- Location: Hudson River
- Contact: Michael Matheson | 914-525-7198 | 1112 Stonegate Rd.
|This Event that will begin just North of Albany With 2 People that will travel the Hudson River over 100 Miles South to Beacon taking about 5 days. We are currently planning a final Event on Bannerman Island between Beacon NY and Newburgh NY marking the end of our the journey. We will be leaving Albany on July 21st and landing in Beacon on the 25th. We are hoping to raise money by sponsors donating per mile traveled but are open to suggestions.|
- Date: August 7, 2015
- Location: Verona, WI
- Contact: Brian Beinborn | 608-445-4800 | email@example.com
Four person scramble including contests, hole prizes and raffle prizes.
- Date: August 23, 2015
- Location: Manheim, Pennsylvania
- Contact: Deanna Forbes | 717-475-7166 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: October 10, 2015
- Location: Naples, FL
- Contact: Jonathan Lombardi | 239-449-7841 | email@example.com
Charity golf tournament held in a scramble format with live and silent auction as well as a gala/dinner event.
- Date: October 17, 2015
- Location: Lutz, FL
- Contact: Jeff Harris | 305-336-7042 | firstname.lastname@example.org
BBQ Contest and picnic with a silent auction at the Stonebrier Community Grounds.