Students in an honors anatomy class will collect spare change at home sporting events during the school year to donate to The V Foundation
All over the country, individuals, families and corporations dedicate enormous amounts of time and energy to move The Foundation closer to fulfilling Jim Valvano’s dream of finding a cure for cancer. These volunteers organize fun and inspiring fundraisers to spread awareness of The V Foundation’s mission. Some of these events include basketball games, golf tournaments, formal galas and many more – each as unique as the individuals who conduct them. We recognize the hard work that goes into coordinating an event and we truly appreciate the effort and dedication that these individuals, groups and families extend to supporting our cause.
- Date: August 29, 2013 - May 5, 2014
- Location: Pfafftown, NC
- Contact: Ed Thutt | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: September 3, 2013 - June 14, 2014
- Location: Livermore, CA
- Contact: Chris Hinds | email@example.com
A school-wide campaign to raise money for cancer research through events, fundraising, and merchandise sales.
- Date: March 15, 2014 - May 15, 2014
- Location: Ridgewood, NJ
- Contact: Randy DeFeo | 201-693-1757 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Basketball teams – each one this spring donating $100 to The V Foundation.
- Date: March 19, 2014 - December 31, 2014
- Location: Online
- Contact: Molly Williamson | (615) 780-3367 | email@example.com
For every testimonial posted on our website, a donation will be made in their name to The V Foundation.
- Date: April 14, 2014 - April 18, 2014
- Location: University of Minnesota
- Contact: Hunter Lang | 952-288-8242 | firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Minnesota Delta Chi Chapter House is having a fundraising/philanthropy week for The V Foundation. Events centered around competition between sororities.
- Date: April 19, 2014
- Location: Louisville, KY
- Contact: Doug Dressman | 513-490-0825 | email@example.com
Team of runners participating in the Kentucky Derby Festival full or half marathon.
- Date: April 26, 2014
- Location: Augusta, GA
- Contact: Austin Moore | 478-808-4113 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Charity 5K for The V Foundation.
- Date: April 26, 2014
- Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ to Asbury Park, NJ
- Contact: Edward Hudson | 212-438-2764 | email@example.com
A team relay marathon along the beach towns of New Jersey.
Check out their first giving page here:
- Date: May 10, 2014
- Location: Pismo Beach, CA
- Contact: David Yocom | (415) 250-7494 | firstname.lastname@example.org
A competition between different Cal Poly fraternities involving strength and stamina. Competitors pay to participate and all proceeds are donated to The V Foundation.
- Date: May 10, 2014
- Location: Ruston, LA
- Contact: John Marshall Clark | 318-540-8538 | email@example.com
Delta Chi Louisiana Tech Chapter is hosting our first annual volleyball tournament for The V Foundation.
- Date: May 12, 2014
- Location: Gainesville, VA
- Contact: Miranda Wessinger | (770) 656-6740 | firstname.lastname@example.org
4 person team charity golf tournament. Featuring a silent auction, raffle and 18 holes of golf to raise money for The V Foundation.
- Date: May 17, 2014 1:30pm
- Location: Monroe, NC
- Contact: Addison Folcher | email@example.com
Delta Chi will be hosting its 6th Annual Delta Chi Charity Golf Tournament at Stonebridge Golf Club in support of The V Foundation and cancer research.
- Date: May 18, 2014
- Location: Cary, NC
- Contact: Dave Mulley | 919-656-5714 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This race is part of the second empire series; it features a half marathon and 10k.
- Date: May 30, 2014
- Location: Virginia Beach, VA
- Contact: Jodie Koch | 757-434-5603 | email@example.com
Golf Tournament taking place at Nas Oceana, Aeropines Course in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Date: June 3, 2014
- Location: Billings, MT
- Contact: Scott Pekovich | 406-248-2702 | firstname.lastname@example.org
16 PGA Professionals will play 72+ holes of Golf on June 3rd, 2014 to raise money for cancer research. Each PGA professional will gather donations.
- Date: June 14, 2014
- Location: Stone Mountain, GA
- Contact: Ted Mengel | 404-314-6799 | email@example.com
Golf Tournament with an after party.
This event will be held at Southland Country Club in Stone Mountain, GA.
- Date: June 20, 2014 - June 21, 2014
- Location: Riverside, IA
- Contact: Tammy Hasler | 319-297-7828 | firstname.lastname@example.org
June 20th, 2014: Gala featuring Guest Speakers: Dick Vitale (ESPN Basketball Analyst), Fran McCaffery (University of Iowa Men’s Basketball Coach) and Fred Hoiberg (Iowa State Men’s Basketball Coach)
June 21st, 2014: 4 person Best Shot Golf Tournament
- Date: July 19, 2014
- Location: Sugar Grove, IL
- Contact: John Auchstetter | 630-896-6010 | email@example.com
Golf Outing to raise money for The V Foundation in Coach John Barton’s Memory.
- Date: July 26, 2014
- Location: Pataskala, OH
- Contact: Zack Kover | 740-814-6915 | ZACHARY.KOVER@DFAS.MIL
Golf outing in honor of Phil and Carol Kover, who passed away from prostate and breast cancer.
- Date: July 28, 2014
- Location: Farmingdale, NY
- Contact: Rich Mullin | 516-606-3464 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf Outing – Live and Silent Auction, Raffles 50/50
- Date: August 16, 2014
- Location: Leadville, CO
- Contact: Dave Oliver | 719-330-8650 | email@example.com
100 Mile trail run at 10,000 plus feet with a 30 hour cut off.
- Date: August 2, 2014
- Location: Manheim, PA
- Contact: Deanna Forbes | 717-475-7166 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Picnic with live entertainment, yard games, silent auction and raffle.
- Date: August 23, 2014
- Location: Chestertown, MD
- Contact: Brad Wilson | 443-480-7370 | email@example.com
Cornhole, Horseshoe tourney, Golf Tourney, Silent Auction, Dunk Booth and More!
- Date: September 13, 2014
- Location: Marietta, GA
- Contact: Joe Johnson | 678-860-9370 | firstname.lastname@example.org
A 5k run/walk, hosted by The Men On Point, to raise funding and awareness for Prostate Cancer.
- Date: September 14, 2014
- Location: Chantilly, VA
- Contact: Peter Dwyer | 757-897-5585 | email@example.com
An annual golf tournament which raises money to fight cancer.
- About Us
- Community Events
- The Dick Vitale Gala
- ESPY Celebrity Golf Classic
- ESPY Awards
- Wine Celebration
- Jimmy V Classic
- Racquets for Research
- Rock ‘n’ Roll: Run 4 V
- The V Challenge
- Undefeated: A Gala in Chicago
- Get Involved
- V’s Voice