Students in an honors anatomy class will collect spare change at home sporting events during the school year to donate to The V Foundation
All over the country, individuals, families and corporations dedicate enormous amounts of time and energy to move The Foundation closer to fulfilling Jim Valvano’s dream of finding a cure for cancer. These volunteers organize fun and inspiring fundraisers to spread awareness of The V Foundation’s mission. Some of these events include basketball games, golf tournaments, formal galas and many more – each as unique as the individuals who conduct them. We recognize the hard work that goes into coordinating an event and we truly appreciate the effort and dedication that these individuals, groups and families extend to supporting our cause.
- Date: August 29, 2013 - May 5, 2014
- Location: Pfafftown, NC
- Contact: Ed Thutt | email@example.com
- Date: September 3, 2013 - June 14, 2014
- Location: Livermore, CA
- Contact: Chris Hinds | firstname.lastname@example.org
A school-wide campaign to raise money for cancer research through events, fundraising, and merchandise sales.
- Date: March 8, 2014
- Location: Memphis, TN
- Contact: Lorraine Griffin | 901-493-2982 | griffinL2@aol.com
A Trivia Contest with approx. 200 people
- Date: March 8, 2014 - March 9, 2014
- Location: Acton, MA
- Contact: Todd Herrick | 978-402-8354 | email@example.com
A recreational, multi-sport event featuring a variety of tournaments and races in a fun, festive environment.
- Date: March 14, 2014 - March 16, 2014
- Location: Tampa/Clearwater, FL
- Contact: Jeff Foss | 813-991-6445 | Jfoss15@yahoo.com
USSSA Basketball Tournament
- Date: March 15, 2014 - May 15, 2014
- Location: Ridgewood, NJ
- Contact: Randy DeFeo | 201-693-1757 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Basketball teams – each one this spring donating $100 to The V Foundation.
- Date: March 21, 2014 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Location: Maumee, OH
- Contact: Micheal Carroll | 419-897-0101 | email@example.com
A Charity Event with free pizza and drinks and numerous televisions.
- Date: March 27, 2014
- Location: Timonium, MD
- Contact: Richard Reed | 410-961-2151 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dulaney High School vs. Towson High School Faculty Game
- Date: March 28, 2014 - March 31, 2014
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Contact: Kishan Patel | 561-308-5477 | email@example.com
A competition between sororities to win the title as Delta Chi USF ‘Lady of the Leges’. All the money from entrance fees, t-shirts and other donations go to The V Foundation.
- Date: March 30, 2014
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Contact: Tom Horowitz | 412-292-96-27 | firstname.lastname@example.org
A 5K race
- Date: March 31, 2014
- Location: Irving, TX
- Contact: Alan Reeves | 214-930-0519 | email@example.com
Charity Golf Event
- Date: April 2, 2014
- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Contact: Penny Leigh | 919-816-3749 | PXL@akc.org
An internal event at the American Kennel Club where departments raise money, a minimum of $25, to send a team to the free throw competition. Competitions for cheerleading squad, mascots and uniforms as well.
- Date: April 11, 2014 - November 13, 2014
- Location: Red Lake Falls, MN
- Contact: Jason Brumwell | 701-866-3647 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Men and Women’s Basketball Tournament and Silent Auction
- Date: April 12, 2014 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Location: Robbinsville, NJ
- Contact: Michael O'Gorman | email@example.com
Fun for All – Indoor Woodstock / Central Park Style Musical Benefit for Cancer Research featuring Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, John Eddie, Soraia, Phase 3, The Diablo Sandwich Band and Strange Brew.
- Date: April 14, 2014 - April 18, 2014
- Location: University of Minnesota
- Contact: Hunter Lang | 952-288-8242 | firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Minnesota Delta Chi Chapter House is having a fundraising/philanthropy week for The V Foundation. Events centered around competition between sororities.
- Date: April 19, 2014
- Location: Louisville, KY
- Contact: Doug Dressman | 513-490-0825 | email@example.com
Team of runners participating in the Kentucky Derby Festival full or half marathon.
- Date: April 5, 2014
- Location: Hempstead, NY
- Contact: Ryan McKenna | 516-639-82-16 | firstname.lastname@example.org
5K Walk to honor the late Jim Valvano and raise money for The V Foundation.
- Date: May 14, 2014
- Location: Cary, NC
- Contact: Charles Akers | email@example.com
This race is part of the second empire series; it features a half marathon and 10k.
- Date: June 3, 2014
- Location: Billings, MT
- Contact: Scott Pekovich | 406-248-2702 | firstname.lastname@example.org
16 PGA Professionals will play 72+ holes of Golf on June 3rd, 2014 to raise money for cancer research. Each PGA professional will gather donations.
- Date: June 14, 2014
- Location: Stone Mountain, GA
- Contact: Ted Mengel | 404-314-6799 | email@example.com
Golf Tournament with an after party.
This event will be held at Southland Country Club in Stone Mountain, GA.
- Date: June 20, 2014 - June 21, 2014
- Location: Riverside, IA
- Contact: Tammy Hasler | 319-297-7828 | firstname.lastname@example.org
June 20th, 2014: Gala featuring Guest Speakers: Dick Vitale (ESPN Basketball Analyst), Fran McCaffery (University of Iowa Men’s Basketball Coach) and Fred Hoiberg (Iowa State Men’s Basketball Coach)
June 21st, 2014: 4 person Best Shot Golf Tournament
- Date: July 19, 2014
- Location: Sugar Grove, IL
- Contact: John Auchstetter | 630-896-6010 | email@example.com
Golf Outing to raise money for The V Foundation in Coach John Barton’s Memory.
- Date: July 28, 2014
- Location: Farmingdale, NY
- Contact: Rich Mullin | 516-606-3464 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf Outing – Live and Silent Auction, Raffles 50/50
- Date: August 16, 2014
- Location: Leadville, CO
- Contact: Dave Oliver | 719-330-8650 | email@example.com
100 Mile trail run at 10,000 plus feet with a 30 hour cut off.
- Date: August 2, 2014
- Location: Manheim, PA
- Contact: Deanna Forbes | 717-475-7166 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Picnic with live entertainment, yard games, silent auction and raffle.
- About Us
- Community Events
- The Dick Vitale Gala
- ESPY Celebrity Golf Classic
- ESPY Awards
- Wine Celebration
- Jimmy V Classic
- Racquets for Research
- Rock ‘n’ Roll: Run 4 V
- The V Challenge
- Undefeated: A Gala in Chicago
- Get Involved
- V’s Voice