Ongoing events throughout 2015 to support The V Foundation
All over the country, individuals, families and corporations dedicate enormous amounts of time and energy to move The Foundation closer to fulfilling Jim Valvano’s dream of finding a cure for cancer. These volunteers organize fun and inspiring fundraisers to spread awareness of The V Foundation’s mission. Some of these events include basketball games, golf tournaments, formal galas and many more – each as unique as the individuals who conduct them. We recognize the hard work that goes into coordinating an event and we truly appreciate the effort and dedication that these individuals, groups and families extend to supporting our cause.
- Date: January 1, 2015
- Location: Cambridge Village, Apex, NC
- Contact: Sarah Stephenson | 919-623-1095 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: January 5, 2015 - January 21, 2015
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Contact: Daniel Thompson | 954-295-9042 | email@example.com
Every year Daniel raises money for The V Foundation for his birthday.
- Date: January 10, 2015
- Location: State College, PA
- Contact: Ryan Walsh | 814-231-1143 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: January 16, 2015
- Location: TJCA - Spindale House / 100 Tanner Street / Spindale, NC
- Contact: Jonathan Bryan | 704-483-6611 | email@example.com
Basketball games and game ball run.
- Date: January 17, 2015 - January 26, 2015
- Location: All 7 continents
- Contact: Tim Durbin | 919-624-8467 | firstname.lastname@example.org
I am running 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days as part of the World Marathon Challenge.
- Date: January 23, 2015
- Location: Arroyo Grande Sports Complex / Henderson, NV
- Contact: Ted Lockamon | 702-449-5425 | email@example.com
City of Henderson, NV and Miken Sports host softball tournament and homerun contest in memory of two local players who passed away from cancer. Home run contest is the fundraiser event.
- Date: January 31, 2015
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Contact: Georgia Friedman | 717-649-8326 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridal Shower for Lauren Diepino. Donations in honor of Lauren’s father.
- Date: January 31, 2015
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Contact: Jason Elrod | 508-365-8060 | email@example.com
SNAG Golf Tournament that includes a Chinese auction.
- Date: February 3, 2015
- Location: Elgin Community College
- Contact: Jerry McLaughlin | 847-214-7249 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Silent auction at ECC Events Center lobby in conjunction with ECC basketball games
- Date: February 7, 2015
- Location: KSU Marietta, GA
- Contact: Christian Acero | 770-871-5099 | email@example.com
5K walk/run – All proceeds will benefit The V Foundation for Cancer Research
- Date: February 9, 2015 - February 13, 2015
- Location: Florence, KY
- Contact: Perry Wing | 859-760-7466 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Blow the Whistle on Cancer